RightFax 16, Enhancement Pack 4 (aka RightFax 16.4) was recently announced by OpenText as the next release of the fax server software. The Fax Guys were joined by Michael Stover, Sr. Product Manager of RightFax Products at OpenText, who spoke about the most prominent features in store for the upcoming release.
Watch the Webinar
What’s New in RightFax 16.4?
The features were divided based on OpenText’s strategic product investment themes (i.e. where OpenText is spending its time and effort to makes its products better for users). These themes included Customer Experience, Business Process, Reach, Analytics, and Industry & Compliance.
New Customer Experience Features Include:
- RightFax FaxUtilWeb: a web-based RightFax end user client that reduces IT footprints and improves end user mobility.
- RightFax Content Search: RightFax can now store the OCR content of faxes directly on the database and allow users to search for relevant faxes based on keywords.
- RightFax Server Dashboard: configurable page within WebAdmin that improves visibility of server health and helps identify issues and bottlenecks.
- RightFax Reporting Automation: automates and simplifies the reporting process by eliminating the burden of manual reports. Reports can be set up to run at certain times or indefinitely.
- RightFax Fax Viewer Thumbnails: displays thumbnails of faxed documents. Allows users to quickly navigate large, complex documents and jump to specific pages.
New Business Process Features Include:
- RightFax Archive (Add-on module): allows organizations to keep faxes available to users indefinitely. Faxes are stored in a separate database to clear up production databases.
- RightFax eBusiness: share a server with users in other organizations. Set up and maintain privacy between groups within an environment.
New Reach Features Include:
- RightFax SMS Service: server can send SMS messages via OpenText Notifications service.
- RightFax Connect Improvements: see real time interim Fax Status Updates on sent faxes, even when faxes are retyring to send.
New Analytics Features Include:
- RightFax Analytics Expanded Access: analytics now has its own website outside of WebAdmin. Admins can now allow “non-admins” to access analytics data.
- RightFax Analytics Channel Utilization: analytics now include information and representation of channel utilization.
- More display options: a year’s worth of data can now be displayed on reports.
New Industry & Compliance Features Include:
- Secure FoIP Channels: new channel option allows TLS over SIP.
- TLS/SSL for eTransport: users can now send secure/encrypted emails using cloud-based email platforms like Office 365 and Google Mail.
- Send Fax Phonebook Restriction: limit certain users so that they can only send outbound faxes to phonebook recipients. Disables manual fax number entry.
The presentation was only half the time of the webinar! There were a lot of great questions and Michael was more than happy to expand on many of the new features of RightFax 16.4. Get all the information by watching the full webinar.
Watch the Full Webinar for Free at RightFax University
Leave a Reply