Types of Telco Connections
There are a few different ways to connect a RightFax server to the public switched telephone network (PSTN).
If you want a cloud-based telco connection for your RightFax server, it’s important to choose the right T.38 SIP trunking provider.
With a SIP trunking solution, you don’t need ANY connection to the PTSN. The SIP trunking provider acts as your PBX and The Fax Guys use a secure connection between your RightFax server and the SIP trunking provider. This connection is a TCP/IP connection over your existing Internet connection.
Standards based Solution
T.38 encapsulates the T.30 for transmission over IP so that fax devices can connect in ‘real-time’ with no intermediate storage.
Telco Grade Network
Critical to a good SIP/T.38 solution, SIP trunking providers offer a VoIP/ FoIP network known for its quality, reliability and support for T.38. DID’s are available throughout the U.S. and Canada and many international locations.
The infrastructure is robust, secure and built on redundant virtual servers supporting Voice and Fax communications even over challenging environments like satellite . In particular, paths have been selected that are supportive of T.38 to provide optimized call completion.
Key components in the network including switches, billing and session boarder control are developed to provide for utmost interoperability, quality and reliability. Major functions are on ‘virtual’ servers which provide full redundancy. Alternative, communication paths are provided in case of failure by connecting carriers.
Why Choose a Fax-Optimized T.38 SIP Trunks Plan From The Fax Guys?
- Exceptional call completion results over Internet
- Traffic sent over networks specifically conditioned for fax
- Phone numbers at low rates – as many numbers as you need
- A low cost trunk with low per minute rates
- Ideal for clients with FoIP enabled fax servers
The SIP Trunking Advantage
- Real-time and standards based – T.38 connects your fax server through the Internet
- Eliminates need for non-standards based hybrid faxing solutions
- Eliminates the connection to the Public Network (PSTN)
- Call completion rates equal or better than over the PSTN
- Redundancy and fail over strategies for super network reliability
- Real-time T.38 Encryption of signaling and data — an industry first
- Business continuity solutions: load balancing, active-active, virtualization (HA/HR)
- Scales from a single fax machine to 100’s of lines
- Phone numbers available in most locations across Canada and the US
- Number portability – keep your numbers
- HIPAA and SOX compliant (conduit exemption)
Additional SIP Trunking Resources
- Using T-38 SIP Trunking and Fax
- Real-Time T.38 Faxing vs HTTPS Faxing
- T.38 FoIP Security Whitepaper
- Encryption of T.38 Security